The content on the page may not be fully displayed. We recommend to update the current version or use another browser.
- Insured Event
- Compulsory MTPL
Compulsory motor third party liability insurance (Compulsory MTPL), and the corresponding procedure for the claim settlement, are carried out on the basis of requirements of the Law of Ukraine On Compulsory Motor Third Party Liability Insurance.
Your actions at the scene of an insured event
1. Immediately (preferably from the place of the event), but not later than three working days, notify the Insurance Company about the event by calling the 24/7 UNIQA contact centre by telephone:
0 800 600 600 (toll-free within the territory of Ukraine)
2. Information to be provided to the operator of UNIQA contact centre:
1) Series and number of the insurance policy, as well as the full name of the policyholder
2) Registration number, make, and model of the insured car
3) Applicant's full name and telephone number (preferably mobile)
4) Date, time, and place of the insured event occurrence
5) Description of visual damage to the insured car
6) Data regarding other participants in the insured event (registration number, make, model of the car/cars of participants, insurance company in which the car/cars is/are insured), contact details of the other participant-driver.
7) Address and telephone number of the participant-driver
8) Circumstances of the insured event occurrence
9) Description of visual damage to damaged car/cars of other participants/victims.
3. Call the competent authorities (police/traffic police) to the scene of the event to record the fact of the event occurrence.
4. After the registration of the event, a representative of UNIQA will provide you with instructions on how to proceed with the settlement of your insured event and direct you to the office of UNIQA Insurance Company to conduct inspection and submit documents. At completion of the registration of the event, an SMS-message with the number of your claim will be sent to your contact telephone number, which will allow you to receive information on settlement of your claim.
Do not offer or compensate losses to a third party (or their representatives) without the written consent of the Insurance Company.
Your further actions
- In the case of establishing your responsibility for the event, you must inform the claiming party that you have Compulsory MTPL policy issued by UNIQA Insurance Company, and provide the details of the Insurance Company (policy number or copy of the insurance policy, contact information of the Company - telephone number of UNIQA contact centre)
- Do not move the car without permission of police/traffic police
- Do not repair the car before inspection by the representative of UNIQA Insurance Company
- Take all possible measures to mitigate the damage
- If possible, record the data of other participants in the incident and witnesses (full name, contact telephone numbers, addresses, etc.).
After the registration of the event, a representative of UNIQA will call you and provide instructions on how to proceed with the settlement of your insured event and direct you to the office of UNIQA Insurance Company.
Your actions to ensure payment of insurance compensation to the claimant
Within three working days after the moment of an insured event occurrence, submit a written notice of the traffic accident occurrence to UNIQA Insurance Company.
Further, within seven working days after the moment of an insured event occurrence, provide the damaged vehicle for inspection by a representative of UNIQA Insurance Company, and also provide for copying the original copies of the following documents necessary to open the claim regarding indemnification of damages:
- Europrotocol (in the case of an event being registered without involving police/traffic police)
- Insurance policy (original copy)
- Driver's license (original copy)
- Certificate of vehicle registration (original copy)
- Notarized power of attorney for representing your interests, if another person represents your interests during the settlement of losses (original copy)
- Report issued by the competent authorities - police or fire authority (if required)
- The court's decision establishing responsibility for committing a traffic accident (if any).
Actions of the claimant to ensure payment of insurance compensation
Submit to UNIQA Insurance Company the original copies of the following documents necessary for payment of insurance compensation for property damage related to vehicle damage:
- Notice of traffic accident occurrence
- Europrotocol (in case of an event being registered without involving police)
- Copy of insurance policy (if any)
- Driver's license (original copy)
- Certificate of vehicle registration (original copy)
- Passport (original copy)
- Certificate of tax identification number assignment (copy)
- Notarized power of attorney for representing the interests of the claimant, if another person represents the claimant's interests during the settlement of losses as a result of an insured event occurrence (original copy)
- Report issued by the competent authorities - police (if required)
- The court's decision (if any)
- The claim for payment of insurance compensation shall be submitted within 30 calendar days after the date of notification about the traffic accident, but in any case, not later than one calendar year after the occurrence of an event.
Receive the number of your claim from UNIQA representative, which will allow you to get information about settlement of your loss.
Actions of the claimant to ensure payment of insurance compensation (harm to life and health)
You should submit the original copies of the following documents to UNIQA Insurance Company, which are necessary for payment of insurance compensation for harm caused to life and health.
The required documents are:
- Written claim for indemnity payment
- Copy of pages 1, 2, 11 of the passport of a citizen of Ukraine
- A report issued by the Ministry of Internal Affairs and/or the court indicating the responsible party and the victim.
In the case of treatment costs:
- Documents confirming payment for goods/services (fiscal receipts, sales invoice issued by individual entrepreneurs)
- Extract from the medical card of outpatient/inpatient patient with a detailed list of medical prescriptions and recommendations.
In the case of temporary loss of ability to work:
- Temporary disability leave certified by the employer's stamp with completed 2nd page, or any other document confirming the period of temporary loss of ability to work and the amount of income lost during this period
- Extract from the medical card of outpatient/inpatient patient, indicating the causes of temporary disability.
In the case of total disability:
- Notarized copy of MSEC certificate
- Extract from the medical card of outpatient/inpatient patient, stating the causes of disability.
In the case of death of the victim:
- Notarized copy of the death certificate
- Documents confirming the payment for goods/services for burial and construction of a grave monument
- Documents proving dependency on the deceased person, certificate indicating salary of the deceased for the previous calendar year (before the traffic accident).
If you wish, you can receive insurance compensation directly to your bank account: for this you will need to provide your bank details to the Company.
After your visit to the office of UNIQA Insurance Company, the loss settlement expert will give you relevant information, namely:
- Your claim number for indemnification of damages
- A list of additional documents that must be submitted to complete the case (if necessary)
- The contact telephone number and email address of the settlement expert
- Calculation of property damage amount and insurance claim payment.
Description of damages, determination of loss amount, and calculation of insurance compensation amount are carried out under the Law of Ukraine On Compulsory Motor Third Party Liability Insurance.
After calculating the amount of damage, insurance indemnity will be paid within the timeframe stipulated by the law. You will receive an SMS message confirming the fact of transfer of the insurance claim payment.
Recommendations on filling the Europrotocol
Filling in the Europrotocol is possible if, in the event of a traffic accident:
- There are no injured (traumatised, dead)
- None of the participants was in a state of narcotic, alcoholic, or any other intoxication
- All participants have compulsory motor third party liability insurance policies (Compulsory MTPL), valid at the moment of the traffic accident
- The estimated amount of the claimant's damage does not exceed UAH 80,000.
Carefully read the procedure for filling the Europrotocol in case of a traffic accident.
In the event of an inconsistency of the circumstances of the incident with the above conditions, traffic police (police) must necessarily be called to the scene of the event.
Also, note that if more than one vehicle was damaged in a traffic accident, a separate Europrotocol must be signed by each participant in the incident.