Compulsory motor third party liability insurance (Compulsory MTPL), and the corresponding procedure for the claim settlement, are carried out on the basis of requirements of the Law of Ukraine On Compulsory Motor Third Party Liability Insurance.
1. Immediately (preferably from the place of the event), but not later than three working days, notify the Insurance Company about the event by calling the 24/7 UNIQA contact centre by telephone:
0 800 600 600 or 2202 (toll-free within the territory of Ukraine)
2. Information to be provided to the operator of UNIQA contact centre:
1) Series and number of the insurance policy, as well as the full name of the policyholder
2) Registration number, make, and model of the insured car
3) Applicant's full name and telephone number (preferably mobile)
4) Date, time, and place of the insured event occurrence
5) Description of visual damage to the insured car
6) Data regarding other participants in the insured event (registration number, make, model of the car/cars of participants, insurance company in which the car/cars is/are insured), contact details of the other participant-driver.
7) Address and telephone number of the participant-driver
8) Circumstances of the insured event occurrence
9) Description of visual damage to damaged car/cars of other participants/victims.
3. Call the competent authorities (police/traffic police) to the scene of the event to record the fact of the event occurrence.
4. After the registration of the event, a representative of UNIQA will provide you with instructions on how to proceed with the settlement of your insured event and direct you to the office of UNIQA Insurance Company to conduct inspection and submit documents. At completion of the registration of the event, an SMS-message with the number of your claim will be sent to your contact telephone number, which will allow you to receive information on settlement of your claim.
Do not offer or compensate losses to a third party (or their representatives) without the written consent of the Insurance Company.
After the registration of the event, a representative of UNIQA will call you and provide instructions on how to proceed with the settlement of your insured event and direct you to the office of UNIQA Insurance Company.
Within three working days after the moment of an insured event occurrence, submit a written notice of the traffic accident occurrence to UNIQA Insurance Company.
Further, within seven working days after the moment of an insured event occurrence, provide the damaged vehicle for inspection by a representative of UNIQA Insurance Company, and also provide for copying the original copies of the following documents necessary to open the claim regarding indemnification of damages:
Submit to UNIQA Insurance Company the original copies of the following documents necessary for payment of insurance compensation for property damage related to vehicle damage:
Receive the number of your claim from UNIQA representative, which will allow you to get information about settlement of your loss.
You should submit the original copies of the following documents to UNIQA Insurance Company, which are necessary for payment of insurance compensation for harm caused to life and health.
The required documents are:
In the case of treatment costs:
In the case of temporary loss of ability to work:
In the case of total disability:
In the case of death of the victim:
If you wish, you can receive insurance compensation directly to your bank account: for this you will need to provide your bank details to the Company.
After your visit to the office of UNIQA Insurance Company, the loss settlement expert will give you relevant information, namely:
Description of damages, determination of loss amount, and calculation of insurance compensation amount are carried out under the Law of Ukraine On Compulsory Motor Third Party Liability Insurance.
After calculating the amount of damage, insurance indemnity will be paid within the timeframe stipulated by the law. You will receive an SMS message confirming the fact of transfer of the insurance claim payment.
Filling in the Europrotocol is possible if, in the event of a traffic accident:
Carefully read the procedure for filling the Europrotocol in case of a traffic accident.
In the event of an inconsistency of the circumstances of the incident with the above conditions, traffic police (police) must necessarily be called to the scene of the event.
Also, note that if more than one vehicle was damaged in a traffic accident, a separate Europrotocol must be signed by each participant in the incident.