In the case of an insured event occurrence, please follow the instructions below.
Be responsible and carefully study the wording and terms of your insurance policy.
Your actions in the case of insured event occurrence
1. Immediately notify the Company about the insured event occurrence by calling UNIQA contact centre by telephone:
0 800 600 600 or 2202 (toll-free within the territory of Ukraine)
2. Take all possible and reasonable measures to rescue and save the damaged insured property.
3. Keep the appearance, condition, and location of the damaged property before the arrival of the representative of the Insurance Company.
4. Call the competent authorities to the scene of the event:
- In case of fire, lightning strike - fire department or State Emergency Service (telephone 101). If the fire occurred as a result of arson, additionally notify the police / MIA authorities (telephone 102)
- In the event of a natural disaster - the territorial hydro meteorological service or the State Emergency Service (telephone 101), the housing maintenance department (or other similar organisation) that perform maintenance of the buildings, structures, roofs, and ceilings (for example, due to flooding by precipitation, damage by hail, storm, etc.), and in their absence - the executive bodies of the local administration
- In case of water damage - the housing and utilities department (or other similar organisation) providing maintenance services for water supply, heating, sewerage, and similar systems
- In the event of an explosion of domestic gas used for domestic purposes - the state gas service (telephone 104), the state emergency service (telephone 101), the housing and utilities department (or other similar organisation)
- In the case of illegal actions by a third party (theft, robbery, brigandage) - police/authorities of the Ministry of Internal Affairs (telephone 102)
- In the event of an impact on the insured property by vehicles - police/traffic police (telephone 102).
After the event is registered, a representative of the Company will provide you with instructions on how to proceed with the settlement of the insured event, send a representative to you to inspect the damaged property, and direct you to the nearest office of UNIQA Insurance Company.
At the completion of the registration of the event, an SMS-message with the number of your claim will be sent to your contact telephone number, which will allow you to receive information on the settlement of your claim.
In case you also have third party liability insurance, do not offer or compensate losses to a third party (or their representatives) without the written consent of the Insurance Company.
Do not change the scene of the insured event before the arrival of representatives of the competent authorities, and until the site of the accident is inspected by an Insurance Company expert (except where changes are aimed at saving property, life, health, and mitigating damage).
Your actions to receive an insurance claim payment
Submit the following documents to UNIQA Insurance Company within two working days after the event occurrence:
- Written claim for payment of insurance compensation, containing a list of damaged and destroyed property
- A written description of the event.
It is also necessary to provide the original copies of the following documents for copying, necessary to open a claim for compensation under your insured event:
- Insurance contract (insurance policy, insurance certificate)
- Passport of the policyholder (the beneficiary) - individual
- The policyholder (the beneficiary)-individual's certificate of tax identification number assignment
- Title documents for property - technical passport, certificate of ownership
- Report issued by the competent authorities, depending on the event occurred (if necessary)
- A notarized power of attorney for representing your interests, if another person represents your interests during the settlement of losses as a result of an insured event occurrence (original copy).
If desired, you can receive the insurance indemnity directly to your bank account. To do this, you will need to provide your bank details to the Company. If, according to the terms and conditions of the insurance policy the bank is the beneficiary, UNIQA Insurance Company will agree on the recipient of insurance indemnity on the basis of a letter from the bank.
Estimation of amount of property damage and insurance compensation
Calculation of loss amount is performed on the basis of an inspection report issued by the Insurer's representative. This estimate will include the amount of expenses necessary to restore or repair the damaged property. The amount of damage will also include costs related to measures to eliminate the consequences of the insured event, aimed at mitigating such effects (provided they are documented).
Calculation of insurance compensation amount is carried out on the basis of the estimated amount of damage, applying the deductible stipulated by the terms and conditions of the insurance policy.